Orphek is the sole supplier of the amazing Cube Oceanarium Chengdu
In today’s post we will go back to Chengdu with new updated photos and plunge into the wonders of Chinese marine life and be mesmerized by their breath taking Oceanarium that has broken a Guinness world records! We also want to showcase this project because we have been proudly chosen as sole supplier of LED Lighting solutions. We hope you will enjoy this as much as we do!
Chengdu is one of the largest cities in China and recently it has been developing and expanding its businesses due to investments in projects developed by HongKong Dragon Group Limited, such as the 6 billion Yuan invested in the Seaside City located in the JiaoLong Port. The complex that includes shopping centers, ice rinks, office buildings, and a five-star hotel also includes an outstanding Cube Oceanarium.
Officially opened on New Year’s Eve, 2014 and Located at B Zone of shopping mall, the world class aquarium project gathers different experts teams around the world including the Australians leading architectural design company Crossley Architects PTY Ltd and Advanced Aquarium Technologies Limited engaged in international aquarium projects; the world-known acrylic panel manufacturer Nippura Co. Ltd.; and Orphek, responsible for the LED Lighting systems.
Lighting project developed and supplied by Orphek
Orphek was chosen as sole supplier of LED lighting solutions to Chengdu Cube Oceanarium due to its long settled worldwide reputation and because the construction of this project demanded the most advanced technologies available in the market, due to its challenges and its ambitions to reflect China’s greatness.
Orphek has also proven to be the only leading company in LED lighting for aquariums sharing the same passion for design that the developers of this project demanded, by developing products and solutions that not only answers to the needs of the living creatures of these aquariums, but also able to offer solutions where the integration of light sources, conceptual design and architectural elements were desired. The developers of these exquisite tanks recognized our long lasting commitment to excellence, efficiency, technological development and design.
Advanced Aquarium Technologies has been responsible for the aquarium specialist construction works plus supplying specialty range of commercial life support systems installed on-site and smaller exhibits fitted with skid-mounted life support system units all designed and produced by AAT. The company has been contracted to support the operations management of the aquarium providing training and on-site support for the first 12 months of operation.
Breaking a Guinness world record
When it comes to architecture and installations, especially the ones involving technology, China has set many records. Today China also broke a record in the field of Marine Aquariums Exhibitions:
Visitors coming to the Oceanarium will experience a unique architectural wonder: The largest acrylic viewing area in the world with over ten thousands of marine organisms from all corners of the Earth!
The 8,500,000 liters main exhibit tank has a 40m (long) x 8.3m (high) viewing panel certified at the time by the Guinness Book of World Records as:
- The world’s largest acrylic window
- The world’s largest aquarium window
It overpasses the Singapore S.E.A Oceanarium, a world-record holder of a 36m indoor aquarium.
Not only the Cube Oceanarium has been claimed as one of the world’s most breathtaking aquarium journeys, but also offers tours for visitors to explore warm and cold waters exhibits, from the Pacific to deep-sea trenches; across the tropical seas to the Amazon; to the Northern Arctic and back again.
Tourists will also have the opportunity to learn more about marine creatures with fantastic activities such as sleeping with sharks, learning about creature foster caring and expedition in a submarine for underwater sightseeing and have an entertaining moment watching undersea ballet shows and experiencing a time capsule.
Chengdu Photo Gallery and tank's backstage photos
Orphek expertise is to develop, customize and deliver LED lighting solutions for perfect lighting design projects involving any biological need of a wide range of organisms, coming from different types of habitat and geographic zones, while meeting both the architectural aesthetics desired and entrepreneurship budgets and goals.
What Orphek can do for your venue:
- Provide more natural, easy-to-adapt and healthier environment to the curated inhabitants.
- Enable you create a memorable genuine experience to your visitors and healthy, safe environment to both visitors and staff.
- Provide the natural look of your venues when exhibited in both virtual and augmented reality and videos.
- Help to prevent, reduce and overcome maintenance challenges and costs.
- Facilitate to meet energy consumption/reduction strategies and goals.
Orphek LED Lights:
- Are heavily build, anti-rust, anti-corrosion
- Come with silicon gasket and seals & waterproof connectors and cable extensions
- Are designed with separated power supply and control away from water/humid areas
- Have Plug & Play friendly technology with effortless part’s replacement for simple and easy light maintenance
- Offer optimal heat dissipation and thermal solutions for heat management
*Each line offers its own IP65/67 certifications, safety & endurance features and technological innovations according to its applications
Orphek creativity, innovation, technology development and customization
By developing products specifically for public venues, Orphek delivers perfect solutions build only with the best quality raw materials and sealant solutions & IP 65/67 certifications, offering LED light solutions that are solid, resilient and build to excel in performance even in extreme environments.
Orphek understand the challenges to meet energy consumption/reduction strategies, therefore its quality control systems guarantee that all our products will provide extraordinary energy efficiency, minimum environmental damage with a considerable annual reduction of energy consumption.
Orphek innovation: virtual and augmented reality/ online live shows/ video tours
The virtual and augment reality and live shows are excellent solutions to continue to engage schools and families. They became a must-have not only as a way of education, but also as a powerful marketing tool.
Innovating, Orphek has been researching and developing customized products to provide the natural look that aquariums have in reality, while exhibited in both virtual and augmented reality, online live shows and video tours.
Go to CONTACT
By contacting us via email or filling the form you can make inquires or place orders.
E-mail us today and get a free consultancy from our sales representative near your location.
- Orphek provides free consulting for correct choice of lightening, installation and spectrums that will make all the difference for both visitors and species.
- Orphek LED lighting solutions offers customization of spectrums to meet all the specifications of each project.
Orphek Catalogue PDF - click on the link for our awesome catalogue
Check our LED Lighting Solutions here:
Our Amazonas line is designed to deliver LED lights that answers to the needs of your project, having either living creatures in captive aquariums or not.
We help you recreate Nature and enhance the beauty of your areas displayed by offering a versatile light solution with more than one application of integration of light source.
WHERE AND HOW CAN YOU MOST BENEFIT FROM ORPHEK AMAZONAS LED LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
Orphek Amazonas LED Lighting solutions are suitable for both outdoors and indoors sites.
In this line there are 4 products available: AMAZONAS 80, 320, 500 and 960.
Each product suits different sizes and depth of habitats and areas.
Taking outdoors infrastructures as an example, Amazonas will be a perfect LED light solution for both fresh water and marine habitats, such as themed feeding stations and touch/discovery zones; photo zones, themed handrails; rock piers, suspended bridges or vines, pools, terraced pools, natural dividers between exhibitions, rock walls, sandstone block walls, etc…
If we are talking about indoors facilities, Amazonas is an excellent LED light solution to light and enhance beauty of sculptures, statues, ruins, temples and any other decoration in the habitats.
It is also perfect to focus interest in bubble effect coming from decorating pieces, themed feeding stations and photo zones, submarines, pirate boats or boats of any kind, etc…
Since its a versatile solution with 4 options of lens it is also perfect for illuminating swim through tunnels and walk in tunnels; floors, rock based and formations; exhibit walls; themed fishing boats, submarines; coastal trees, etc…
Atlantik iCon Series:
Orphek offers in Atlantik iCon full progressive dimming capacity in all channels. We are the first and only company in the world offering 1000% dimming control system (0-100% and 0.1-1% for Moon Cycle)!
OR3 LED Bars:
They are slim, they are resistant, versatile and beautiful to display!
For optimal SPS/LPS coral growth, color and illumination, replacing T5/T8 lighting technology for aquariums.
- OR3 150 / 120 / 90 / 60 Blue Plus
- OR3 150 / 120 / 90 / 60 Blue Sky
- OR3 150/120/90/60 UV/Violet
- OR3 150 / 120 / 90 / 60 Reef Day Plus
- NEW !! OR3 150 / 120 / 90 / 60 RED Plus Grow / Refugium
Orphek latest project partnerships:
- Chengdu Public Aquarium (Chengdu, China)
- Nausicaá Public Aquarium (Boulogne-sur-Mer, France)
- Burj Al Arab Aquariums (Dubai, UAE)
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium & The Ambassador Lagoon (Dubai, UAE), National Aquarium Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- The Kuwait Scientific Center TSCK (Kuwait)
- Oman Aquarium (Muscat, Oman)
- National Aquarium Den Blå Planet (Kastrup, Denmark)
- Cairns Public Aquarium (Cairns, Australia)
- The Minderoo Foundation Exmouth Research Lab (Exmouth, Australia), James Cook University Aquarium (Townsville, Australia)
- XPLORE Entertainment Center (Athens, Greece)
- Palma Aquarium (Palma de Maiorca, Spain)
- Tynemouth Aquarium (Tynemouth, UK)
- The Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada (Toronto, Canada)
- Georgia Aquarium (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
- North Carolina Public Aquarium (North Carolina, USA)
- Loveland Living Planet Aquarium (Utah, USA)
- Albuquerque BioNational Aquarium (New Mexico, USA)
- Cameroon Park Zoo (Waco, Texas, USA)
- Atlantis Aquarium (Paradise Islands, Bahamas)
More articles about Orphek & public aquarium and venues:
- Orphek and Public Aquariums, a long lasting love affair – Part I (Middle East)
- Amazonas 500 LED Lighting and the biggest aquarium in Europe
- Aquarium in Oman Lighted By Orphek
- Public Aquariums and virtual visit programs
- The Best LED Lights For Public Aquarium
- New product launch Amazonas 960 iCon Aquarium LED Light
- Amazonas 960 lighting 3 meters cylindrical aquarium of JCU in Australia
- Chengdu Public aquarium LED light project
- Blue Planet public aquarium Lighted by Orphek
Our sincere thank you note:
We would like this opportunity to thank all the team of Chengdu and AAT for their passion and professionalism and for their serious commitment to programs of education for protection of Oceans, seas and marine species and most of all of reef coral preservation.
“Together we protect Nature’s Biodiversity for generations to come”
Loving Nature as we do and being environment sustainably conscious, Orphek only develops products with a significant positive impact in everyone’s life, therefore we only offer the best environmentally friendly solutions that combine the most advanced & efficient technology and, most importantly, aiming the well-being of animals and humans all together, for now and for generations to come.