Amazing Korean Reef tank under Atlantik iCon combined with OR3 Blue Plus LED Bars
We are back this week with one more outstanding reef tank belonging to Korean hobbyist Kim Tae Hwan. If you have been following us here, you know we have been posting great articles about aquascaping and many beautiful tanks coming from Asia. But if you are new here or missed the past articles you will find the links in the end of this article.
Today’s tank striking beauty comes from the mix of corals chosen by client, the cascade shaped layout and the remarkable health and coloring of these corals.
All corals are so healthy, growing so fast and their coloration are so vibrantly popping out that we decided to a look into it deeply, and find out what is the secret to get such an amazing reef tank.
So let’s take a look into it:
General Tank info:
Redsea Reefer 250
- 65 gallons
- Dimensions: 900 x 500 x 550cm /36"L x 20"H x 21"W)
- One unit of Atlantik iCon
- Two units of OR3 90 Blue Plus LED Bars
- Wave motor : 2 x Jebao Rw8, 2 x Maxpect Zire2K
- Skimmer : Deltec 400i
Choosing the Atlantik iCon solution was also a good choice and the pictures don’t lie! Corals are growing in a controlled natural way and their colors are crisp and also very natural.
As you can see in this second picture with the two extra units OR3 Blue Plus the tank received a wide overall color pop, with hues coming from violet to blue. Colors are popping up nicely. Also it is evenly spread and gentle to the eyes. And more, coral photos look great under these bars!
In this next close up picture client capture an image that reminded us of a garden blooming. very beautiful, very artistic!
As you can see in the next set of photos, corals are also showing good health. Polyps are showing signs of growth, and they have developed strong vibrant sharp coloration and incredible density of coral tissue.
In the photo gallery below KTH has captured a glimpse of all the collection of his corals and we can see that they are developing in a very healthy way, showing no signs of fading or bleaching. On the contrary! Corals developed strong vibrant sharp crispy coloration and they are branching out perfectly!
The fluorescent color of the green, purple-ish and pink corals are popping out, looking both strongly brilliant and natural. take a look in the next set of photos!
We like to thank Kim Tae Hwan for all the amazing pictures and feedback! Thank you for choosing our LED lighting solutions! We know that Koreans love us and we love them back!!!
Million years of evolution has shown us that we need to trust the way of the Nature. Nature knows best.
The Atlantik iCon has a pre set program called The Helius Program.
So what about it?
HELIUS MIMICS NATURE!
Helius is Orphek’s newest developed and pre-installed program for optimal coral health, color & growth.
Helius mimics Nature by providing you a perfect sunrise to sunset spectrum it is developed for optimal growth of SPS and LPS according to scientific research of the benefits of sun light for corals.
The research – What happens in Nature
Most organisms have developed an endogenous clock that allows them to anticipate daily and seasonal changes and adapt their physiological, behavioral, and biochemical activity accordingly. Endogenous clocks are entrained to their local conditions by environmental cycles through input cues such as light or nutrition. Rhythmic events are common in biological systems and range in frequency from seconds to many years. Environmental and behavioral conditions, such as stress and timing of food intake are known to disrupt circadian rhythms; however, the most potent factor disrupting the normal circadian rhythms is unsuitably timed light. It is agreed that most organisms anticipate environmental changes using the solar and lunar cycle and the disruption of these rhythms due to artificial lighting has major implications on timing of reproduction, feeding, etc. and activity that can all lead lower chances of survival.
In nature, the day-length in the tropics is relatively constant and underwater by the angle of the incidence of the sunlight and its associated reflection at a flat angle of incidence shorter in the morning and evening than over water and is about 11.5 hours. (Check the first graph above)
So, while using artificial LED lights it is important to fully mimic the light cycle offered by Nature or only slightly gradually change it.
Similar articles that may interest you:
- Revealing top 10 secrets to get amazing coral color, growth & health
- Amazing Korean Saltwater Aquascape Lighted by Atlantik iCon
- Most beautiful aquascape reef tanks – Atlantik iCon LED lighting
- Amazing SPS dominated 450L reef aquarium lighted by Atlantik V4 & OR3
- Amazing 65 gallon SPS dominated reef aquarium lighted by Atlantik & OR3
If you want to read all about this awesome Orphek LED Lighting Solution we suggest these links:
- Orphek Atlantik iCon product page/ Orphek Atlantik iCon Compact product page
- The Secret of Atlantik iCon new Lunar program and advanced 1000% dimming control
- The Secret of Coral Health, Growth & Color Atlantik iCon Helius Program
- Atlantik iCon vs Atlantik V4 why it is worth upgrading
- Orphek Atlantik iCon breaking all PAR Records: Review of DaniReef LAB
- Product Review: Orphek Atlantik iCon Reef Aquarium LED Lighting By Dana Riddle
- Is Atlantik iCon the best light for coral pop fluorescence?
- 10 reasons why Atlantik iCon is the best reef aquarium LED light of 2022
- 40 Reef aquarium layouts with Atlantik iCon and OR3 LED Bars that we selected just for you
- SPS/LPS coral reef salted water tanks
- Designed to enhance beauty of both natural and synthetic compositions!
- Public venues / Private aquariums
- One unit is perfect for 43″ x 25″, 110cm x 65cm SPS/LPS Corals reef aquariums
- Perfect for giving your tank the natural look, mimicking nature at its fullest
- Perfect for coral farming
It comes with incredible features:
- Intelligent Connectivity – friendly technology, operating through Orphek awesome new App., compatible with both IOS and Android, voice control and many other cool features.
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth – with iCloud support, 5G internet connectivity, high speed response, extra data security.
- 1000% dimming control system – never offered in the market before!
- 78 customized high quality, high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs – total of 156 individual LEDs Chip.
- 10 optimized different types of Dual chip 5W wide range LEDs for maximum photochemical efficiency.
- 26 glass lens for all UV/violet LEDS – no yellowing over the time!
- Plug and play technology – effortless part’s replacement for simple and easy light maintenance.
- Pre-installed program for optimal coral pop color & growth
- Wide convex 120 degree lens
- Customization: For Deep Aquarium 90 / 60 / 45 / 15 / and 5 degree lens
- Mean well Fan-less IP65 power supply
- New additional awesome features for your corals and jellyfish
- Six separated control and programming channels
- Pre-installed program for optimal coral pop color & growth
- New improved heat dissipation and cooling system & 4 fans
- Improved internal lens to make sure you are getting the best Orphek LEDs!
- Extra data security
Orphek hanging solutions
Orphek offers many options for hanging/mounting its LED Solutions. Click HERE / HERE and HERE to get to know them!
Orphek wishes to express its gratitude to all the clients who took their time to take these awesome photos and send them to us or to publish them in social medias.
We would like to invite you to browse our website and participate with your Orphek experience.
Let us know about your tank and share it with other hobbyists in Orphek Facebook Group and Instagram!
Sharing is very easy! All you have to do is to send us the basic information about your tank, usually starting from the beginning (when you started your tank), what are you running in the tank, the living creatures you have in your tank and of course, pictures of the tank and of your corals.
We also would like to have pictures of our lights above the tank!
Please send to email@example.com
We really hope you will find some time to send us your info so we can publish right away!
Thank you in advance,
How can I order Orphek Atlantik iCon lights?
Orphek offers you two ways of ordering your Atlantik iCon:
1. Go to CONTACT
By contacting us via email or filling the form you can make inquires about OR3 LED Bars or place orders.
E-mail us today and get a free consultancy from our sales representative near your location.
Purchases via website are made with PayPal invoices and you can pay with your PayPal account or credit card.
We offer free shipping – with our Door to Door worldwide Express Delivery, so your Orphek solution(s) will arrive any place in the world!
2. Go to STORE to buy in our online shop
Orphek online shop that is a brand new shopping experience for Orphek products in many languages, many currencies and forms of payment. Our online shop offers free consultancy from our sales representative near your location. We offer Free shipping – With our Door to Door worldwide Express Delivery.
Forms of payment: