2023 outstanding Korean (Kim Dong Min )Euphyllia coral collection lighted by Atlantik iCon and OR3 LED bar
Last year we have showcased amazing aquariums coming from Orphek clients worldwide, specially from Asia. If you have missed them we invite you to browse our news and be mesmerized with them.
This year we feel fortunate to continue to receive feedback from our awesome clients and we start the first post of 2023 with a beautiful tank belonging to Kim Dong Min.
Information about his tank:
Tank size : 600*450*450 mm
Lighting: Orphek Atlantik iCon combined with Orphek OR3 60 LED Bars - both Blue Sky LED Bar and Blue Plus LED Bar
Return motor: Jebao dcp 6000
Wave motor Jebao SLW 10* 3
Skimmer: Deltec 600i
There is an awesome video and it is totally worth watching:
About the layout:
Kim Dong Min has placed his unit of Atlantik iCon in the center of his display and the OR3 LED Bars were placed one in the front and one in the back, all lights in the same level. Orphek's Korean hobbyist Kim Tae Hwan has also made the same layout but the Atlantic iCon is placed higher than the two units OR3 LED Bars. Both look amazing we must say! They are very skilled hobbyists.
Today’s tank striking beauty comes from the minimalist elegance of its bouquet shaped layout and the remarkable health and coloring of its corals.
So, let’s take a look at his incredible corals!
The following photos are showcasing how skilled he is in growing and taking care of corals. They are perfectly shaped with no signs of bleaching, no signs of coral damage from stinging or overlapping.
Truth is that aquascaping is a challenging hobby because you need to have the skills to choose the right corals, know how to place them so they will not fight each other, and predict their growth so they will not overlap and destroy each other. Choosing and placing corals demand some research and experience.
Although coral color preferences is subjective, understanding how different coral colors mix together, and which colors are complementary or similar to others, helps aquascapists to create a harmonious aquascape layout.
Kim succeeded to bring different shapes and colors, rendering a delicate flower bouquet quality to his composition.
Choosing the combination of Orphek Atlantik iCon with our OR3 LED Bars with blue hues - The Blue Sky and the Blue Plus was also a good choice and the pictures don’t lie! Corals are growing in a controlled natural way and their colors are crisp and also very natural.
About the OR3 Blue Plus – Incredible widest Blue / violet fluorescent spectrum
Blue/Violet spectrum 400-500nm for SPS/LPS/Soft coral growth and wide fluorescent coral pop. Maximum absorption of Chlorophyllc2 (the most common form of chlorophyll c) is achieved around 447nm.
About the OR3 Blue Sky – Extreme coral fluorescence / color pop
These wavelengths are important in zooxanthellae photosynthesis – chlorophylls a and c2 utilize blue. Beta-carotene 470nm is a photopigment found in at least some zooxanthellae. It also acts as a protective antioxidant agent.
Euphyllia are a category of LPS coral with stony skeletons and tentacle-like polyps known as heads. Common Euphyllia coral include Hammer Corals, Torch Corals, Frogspawn, and Octospawn Coral.
All of these Euphillia have sweeper tenticles that have a sting much like that of an anemone.
These coral use that sweewer tenticle to hunt for food, as well as fight off other coral for space to grow.
Proper Euphyllia care requires moderate to strong lighting. This includes high par solutions such as Orphek's.
OR3 LED BAR Applications:
- SPS/LPS coral coral growth, color and illumination
- Reef salted water tanks/ Planted freshwater aquariums
- Designed to enhance beauty of both natural and synthetic compositions
- Replace T5/T8 lighting technology for aquariums
- Public venues / Private aquariums
- Indoors/ opened or closed areas or canopies, such as gallery displays.
- Perfect for coral shops, coral farming, educational facilities, research centers, nurseries, refugium
- Boost of coral color pop, health & growth
- Boost fluorescent color
- Boost photosynthesis
- Supplemental light coverage
- Achievement of your desired light spectrum/ layout by mixing LED Bars
Million years of evolution has shown us that we need to trust the way of the Nature. Nature knows best.
The Atlantik iCon has a pre set program called The Helius Program.
So what about it?
HELIUS MIMICS NATURE!
Helius is Orphek’s newest developed and pre-installed program for optimal coral health, color & growth.
Helius mimics Nature by providing you a perfect sunrise to sunset spectrum it is developed for optimal growth of SPS and LPS according to scientific research of the benefits of sun light for corals.
The research – What happens in Nature
Most organisms have developed an endogenous clock that allows them to anticipate daily and seasonal changes and adapt their physiological, behavioral, and biochemical activity accordingly. Endogenous clocks are entrained to their local conditions by environmental cycles through input cues such as light or nutrition. Rhythmic events are common in biological systems and range in frequency from seconds to many years. Environmental and behavioral conditions, such as stress and timing of food intake are known to disrupt circadian rhythms; however, the most potent factor disrupting the normal circadian rhythms is unsuitably timed light. It is agreed that most organisms anticipate environmental changes using the solar and lunar cycle and the disruption of these rhythms due to artificial lighting has major implications on timing of reproduction, feeding, etc. and activity that can all lead lower chances of survival.
In nature, the day-length in the tropics is relatively constant and underwater by the angle of the incidence of the sunlight and its associated reflection at a flat angle of incidence shorter in the morning and evening than over water and is about 11.5 hours. (Check the first graph above)
So, while using artificial LED lights it is important to fully mimic the light cycle offered by Nature or only slightly gradually change it.
Similar articles that may interest you:
- Revealing top 10 secrets to get amazing coral color, growth & health
- Amazing Korean Saltwater Aquascape Lighted by Atlantik iCon
- Most beautiful aquascape reef tanks – Atlantik iCon LED lighting
- Amazing SPS dominated 450L reef aquarium lighted by Atlantik V4 & OR3
- Amazing 65 gallon SPS dominated reef aquarium lighted by Atlantik & OR3
If you want to read all about this awesome Orphek LED Lighting Solution we suggest these links:
- Orphek Atlantik iCon product page/ Orphek Atlantik iCon Compact product page
- The Secret of Atlantik iCon new Lunar program and advanced 1000% dimming control
- The Secret of Coral Health, Growth & Color Atlantik iCon Helius Program
- Atlantik iCon vs Atlantik V4 why it is worth upgrading
- Orphek Atlantik iCon breaking all PAR Records: Review of DaniReef LAB
- Product Review: Orphek Atlantik iCon Reef Aquarium LED Lighting By Dana Riddle
- Is Atlantik iCon the best light for coral pop fluorescence?
- 10 reasons why Atlantik iCon is the best reef aquarium LED light of 2022
- 40 Reef aquarium layouts with Atlantik iCon and OR3 LED Bars that we selected just for you
- SPS/LPS coral reef salted water tanks
- Designed to enhance beauty of both natural and synthetic compositions!
- Public venues / Private aquariums
- One unit is perfect for 43″ x 25″, 110cm x 65cm SPS/LPS Corals reef aquariums
- Perfect for giving your tank the natural look, mimicking nature at its fullest
- Perfect for coral farming
It comes with incredible features:
- Intelligent Connectivity – friendly technology, operating through Orphek awesome new App., compatible with both IOS and Android, voice control and many other cool features.
- Wi-Fi / Bluetooth – with iCloud support, 5G internet connectivity, high speed response, extra data security.
- 1000% dimming control system – never offered in the market before!
- 78 customized high quality, high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs – total of 156 individual LEDs Chip.
- 10 optimized different types of Dual chip 5W wide range LEDs for maximum photochemical efficiency.
- 26 glass lens for all UV/violet LEDS – no yellowing over the time!
- Plug and play technology – effortless part’s replacement for simple and easy light maintenance.
- Pre-installed program for optimal coral pop color & growth
- Wide convex 120 degree lens
- Customization: For Deep Aquarium 90 / 60 / 45 / 15 / and 5 degree lens
- Mean well Fan-less IP65 power supply
- New additional awesome features for your corals and jellyfish
- Six separated control and programming channels
- Pre-installed program for optimal coral pop color & growth
- New improved heat dissipation and cooling system & 4 fans
- Improved internal lens to make sure you are getting the best Orphek LEDs!
- Extra data security
Orphek hanging solutions
Orphek wishes to express its gratitude to all the clients who took their time to take these awesome photos and send them to us or to publish them in social medias.
We would like to invite you to browse our website and participate with your Orphek experience.
Let us know about your tank and share it with other hobbyists in Orphek Facebook Group and Instagram!
Sharing is very easy! All you have to do is to send us the basic information about your tank, usually starting from the beginning (when you started your tank), what are you running in the tank, the living creatures you have in your tank and of course, pictures of the tank and of your corals.
We also would like to have pictures of our lights above the tank!
Please send to email@example.com
We really hope you will find some time to send us your info so we can publish right away!
Thank you in advance,
How can I order Orphek Atlantik iCon lights?
Orphek offers you two ways of ordering your Atlantik iCon:
1. Go to CONTACT
By contacting us via email or filling the form you can make inquires about OR3 LED Bars or place orders.
E-mail us today and get a free consultancy from our sales representative near your location.
Purchases via website are made with PayPal invoices and you can pay with your PayPal account or credit card.
We offer free shipping – with our Door to Door worldwide Express Delivery, so your Orphek solution(s) will arrive any place in the world!
2. Go to STORE to buy in our online shop
Orphek online shop that is a brand new shopping experience for Orphek products in many languages, many currencies and forms of payment. Our online shop offers free consultancy from our sales representative near your location. We offer Free shipping – With our Door to Door worldwide Express Delivery.
Forms of payment: